New assistant chief constable announced
THE new Assistant Chief Constable of Essex Police was announced on Monday.Having done such a good job in the temporary role since August 2008, Sue Harrison has been officially promoted to the position.Mrs Harrison, who joined the Essex Police Force in 1
THE new Assistant Chief Constable of Essex Police was announced on Monday.
Having done such a good job in the temporary role since August 2008, Sue Harrison has been officially promoted to the position.
Mrs Harrison, who joined the Essex Police Force in 1983, was ecstatic on hearing the news.
She said: "I am delighted and proud to have been appointed as Assistant Chief Constable for Essex Police, which I believe to be one of the best forces in the country.
"I will endeavour to ensure that more offenders are brought to justice and that Essex remains a safe and pleasant place in which to live, work and visit.
I am also looking forward to the challenges ahead such as Operation APEX and the 2012 Olympics."
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Mrs Harrison's career with the force started at Basildon back in March 1983. She then moved to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), where she spent a considerable period of time in various roles.
She has also worked in many different operational commander roles and as head of various programmes throughout the county.
In 2008 she worked on developing collaboration between the Essex and Kent police forces and for this reason was, appointed temporary Assistant Chief Constable.