New assistant chief constable announced
THE new Assistant Chief Constable of Essex Police was announced on Monday.Having done such a good job in the temporary role since August 2008, Sue Harrison has been officially promoted to the position.Mrs Harrison, who joined the Essex Police Force in 1
THE new Assistant Chief Constable of Essex Police was announced on Monday.
Having done such a good job in the temporary role since August 2008, Sue Harrison has been officially promoted to the position.
Mrs Harrison, who joined the Essex Police Force in 1983, was ecstatic on hearing the news.
She said: "I am delighted and proud to have been appointed as Assistant Chief Constable for Essex Police, which I believe to be one of the best forces in the country.
You may also want to watch:
"I will endeavour to ensure that more offenders are brought to justice and that Essex remains a safe and pleasant place in which to live, work and visit.
I am also looking forward to the challenges ahead such as Operation APEX and the 2012 Olympics."
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Mrs Harrison's career with the force started at Basildon back in March 1983. She then moved to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), where she spent a considerable period of time in various roles.
She has also worked in many different operational commander roles and as head of various programmes throughout the county.
In 2008 she worked on developing collaboration between the Essex and Kent police forces and for this reason was, appointed temporary Assistant Chief Constable.