New bobby on the beat in Saffron Walden
THE appointment of an extra neighbourhood specialist officer for Saffron Walden will help to make the town a safer place to live and work. PC Hannah Griffiths said she was delighted to have joined the neighbourhood policing team and was looking forward
THE appointment of an extra neighbourhood specialist officer for Saffron Walden will help to make the town a safer place to live and work.
PC Hannah Griffiths said she was "delighted" to have joined the neighbourhood policing team and was looking forward to the new challenges it would present.
She will work alongside the current specialist officer for Saffron Walden, Little Walden and Audley End, PC Jack Russell.
Inspector Kevin Wakefield from Saffron Walden Police Station said: "There has been a big focus on neighbourhood policing and this new appointment recognises the fact that Saffron Walden is one of the busiest areas for policing in Uttlesford. We wish Hannah all the best in her new role."
You may also want to watch:
The town's specialist officers, as well as the police community support officers (PCSOs), deal with a wide range of policing issues such as anti-social behaviour, speeding and offering crime prevention advice.
Meet the team at the next beat surgery being held in Saffron Walden Town Hall between 6pm and 7pm on Wednesday February 24.
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 3 District council urged to cancel investment
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 6 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 9 MP responds to HuffPost Twitter row
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
To contact any of the officers call the non-emergency number on 0300 333 4444 and for more information about neighbourhood policing visit www.essex.police.uk.