New boost to cargo network at London Stansted
- Credit: Archant
THE latest addition to Stansted’s world-wide cargo network arrived this week with the launch of weekly flights between the UK’s third busiest cargo airport and Moscow by Russian freight carrier Transaero.
The new service provides a direct link to Moscow as well as access to multiple connections across Transaero’s wide-ranging network, and has been specifically developed to cater for increased demand from freight forwarders.
Conan Busby, MAG’s cargo business development manager, said: “We are delighted Transaero has chosen London Stansted as their preferred UK airport for developing their UK cargo services. This is the first new cargo service to London Stansted since the recent acquisition by MAG, and we are certain it will not be the last.
“Transaero’s arrival clearly demonstrates the attractiveness of London Stansted as a UK cargo hub and is a perfect example of why MAG chose to invest in our new London gateway, the only London airport with spare capacity and world-class infrastructure already in place to meet demand and support growth in the south-east right now.
“MAG and the teams at Stansted are looking forward to developing a close working relationship with Transaero and will be helping in every way to ensure their new cargo service to the UK is as successful as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Stansted is one of the largest freight hubs in the UK and home to an international cargo operation that transports over 240,000 tonnes of goods to destinations in nearly every continent, including the Americas, the Far East, Africa and the Middle East.
Testimony to the airport’s status as a major international cargo facility is the growing number of industry leaders that have already chosen to operate from the airport – Asiana, British Airways World Cargo, Cargolux, Global Supply Systems, FedEx, Martinair, Royal Mail, Panalpina, Titan, TNT and UPS.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital