New bus service to link Saffron Walden and Bishop’s Stortford Tesco store
A BUS company has announced that it is starting a new service linking Saffron Walden, Newport, Ugley, Stansted Mountfitchet and Forest Hall with Bishop’s Stortford and its Tesco store.
Renown Coaches’ new 300 service will be launched on Monday December 13 and will operate daily except on Sundays, Tuesdays and bank Holidays. the company already operates a service between Chrishall, Newport and Saffron Walden.
The new bus has low floor easy access and is fully equipped for passengers in wheelchairs and parents with buggies.
Chairman Christian Harmer said: “We have decided to provide this new service without any financial subsidy, enabling passengers to travel direct to the Tesco store in Bishop’s Stortford.”
To encourage people to try the bus, Renown is offering a 50 per cent discount on published fares over the Christmas and New Year shopping period from December 13 to January 15.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers need to tear off the voucher in the company’s timetable leaflet which is being delivered into many homes in the area, and present it to the driver.
Anyone who does not receive the leaflet can call 01424 210744 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100