New bus service to link Saffron Walden and Bishop’s Stortford Tesco store
A BUS company has announced that it is starting a new service linking Saffron Walden, Newport, Ugley, Stansted Mountfitchet and Forest Hall with Bishop’s Stortford and its Tesco store.
Renown Coaches’ new 300 service will be launched on Monday December 13 and will operate daily except on Sundays, Tuesdays and bank Holidays. the company already operates a service between Chrishall, Newport and Saffron Walden.
The new bus has low floor easy access and is fully equipped for passengers in wheelchairs and parents with buggies.
Chairman Christian Harmer said: “We have decided to provide this new service without any financial subsidy, enabling passengers to travel direct to the Tesco store in Bishop’s Stortford.”
To encourage people to try the bus, Renown is offering a 50 per cent discount on published fares over the Christmas and New Year shopping period from December 13 to January 15.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers need to tear off the voucher in the company’s timetable leaflet which is being delivered into many homes in the area, and present it to the driver.
Anyone who does not receive the leaflet can call 01424 210744 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision