New bus service to link Saffron Walden and Bishop’s Stortford Tesco store
A BUS company has announced that it is starting a new service linking Saffron Walden, Newport, Ugley, Stansted Mountfitchet and Forest Hall with Bishop’s Stortford and its Tesco store.
Renown Coaches’ new 300 service will be launched on Monday December 13 and will operate daily except on Sundays, Tuesdays and bank Holidays. the company already operates a service between Chrishall, Newport and Saffron Walden.
The new bus has low floor easy access and is fully equipped for passengers in wheelchairs and parents with buggies.
Chairman Christian Harmer said: “We have decided to provide this new service without any financial subsidy, enabling passengers to travel direct to the Tesco store in Bishop’s Stortford.”
To encourage people to try the bus, Renown is offering a 50 per cent discount on published fares over the Christmas and New Year shopping period from December 13 to January 15.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers need to tear off the voucher in the company’s timetable leaflet which is being delivered into many homes in the area, and present it to the driver.
Anyone who does not receive the leaflet can call 01424 210744 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport