New car park for National Express East Anglia's Audley End station
CONSTRUCTION work to build a new �690,000 car park at Audley End station started on Thursday (November 12). The project will mean an extra 150 car parking spaces – taking the total number to 700 – at the National Express East Anglia (NEEA) station. Deputy managin
CONSTRUCTION work to build a new �690,000 car park at Audley End station started today (Thursday).
The project will mean an extra 150 car parking spaces - taking the total number to 700 - at the National Express East Anglia (NEEA) station.
Deputy managing director of NEEA, Mark Phillips, said: "These improvements will be welcomed by our customers with the extra 150 car parking spaces making it easier to park at this busy station.
"The work at Audley End is one of the first projects in the National Express East Anglia Service Improvement Plan to take shape, with more improvements to commence on our network over the coming months."
You may also want to watch:
The work at Audley End will provide sufficient future capacity in-line with the expected further growth in passengers consistent with the introduction of new trains on the West Anglia route in 2011.
The construction of the new car park is being carried out by Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd and is scheduled for completion early in 2010. The project is being managed to minimise any inconvenience to the existing car parking arrangements at the station while the work continues.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
Passenger link manager, Guy Dangerfield, said: "Getting to the station is an integral part of making a journey by train and passengers will applaud this increase in car parking spaces at Audley End station.
"There is nothing more frustrating than finding the station car park full when you have a train to catch.