New chairman for Uttlesford District Council
- Credit: Archant
A new chairman for Uttlesford District Council was formally sworn in on Tuesday, May 26, taking the mantel from Councillor Keith Artus.
Councillor Stephanie Harris, representative for Flitch Green and Little Dunmow, received the chains of office at the council’s annual meeting.
Cllr Harris said: “It is a real honour to be appointed as chairman, and pleasing that women continue to be given the opportunity to shine in leading positions within the council.
“I am very much looking forward to representing the council and meeting people across Uttlesford during my civic year.”
She has already arranged to take part in a number of fundraisers to support her nominated charities, Cancer Research and the Down’s Syndrome Association, including the Race for Life and Shine Walk.
You may also want to watch:
“Both the charities are close to my heart and I am keen to do all I can to support them,” she added.
Cllr Artus, representative for the Broad Oak and the Hallingburys ward, was thanked for his services, during which time he raised over £1,000 for Help for Heroes and the British Heart Foundation.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
He was also presented with a past chairman’s medal.