New chief executive for North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
THE North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which is the major provider of mental health services in the area, has appointed a new chief executive. Andrew Geldard takes up his new post with immediate effect, replacing Dr Richard Coleman who retired
THE North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which is the major provider of mental health services in the area, has appointed a new chief executive.
Andrew Geldard takes up his new post with immediate effect, replacing Dr Richard Coleman who retired in April.
Mr Geldard said: "I am very excited to be given this opportunity. What really inspires me is our vision for the future - to provide outstanding care by continually improving services, putting the people we support and our staff at the heart of this improvement, and developing our role as a major provider of health and social care services.
"I'm looking forward to working in partnership with colleagues, partner organisations and local communities to make our vision a reality."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Geldard has been acting chief executive since September 2008 and joined the organisation in June 2002 as director of resources. Under his stewardship, the trust was awarded an excellent rating for use of resources by the Healthcare Commission and developed a �13m business case for mid Essex's new �13m unit for older adults due to open in November.
His career includes senior management positions at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and Brighton Healthcare NHS Trust. As director of finance and performance at Southend-on-Sea Primary Care Trust he produced their primary care strategy and established an innovative primary care counselling service.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
Chairman of the North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Mary St Aubyn DL, said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome someone of Andrew's calibre as chief executive.
"His unique range of skills will ensure the organisation moves forward with confidence.
"His proven leadership skills, enormous commitment and drive will be essential as we build on our successes to create even better services for local communities."
The North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust covers the north of the county, including Uttlesford.