New chief executive for North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
THE North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which is the major provider of mental health services in the area, has appointed a new chief executive. Andrew Geldard takes up his new post with immediate effect, replacing Dr Richard Coleman who retired
THE North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which is the major provider of mental health services in the area, has appointed a new chief executive.
Andrew Geldard takes up his new post with immediate effect, replacing Dr Richard Coleman who retired in April.
Mr Geldard said: "I am very excited to be given this opportunity. What really inspires me is our vision for the future - to provide outstanding care by continually improving services, putting the people we support and our staff at the heart of this improvement, and developing our role as a major provider of health and social care services.
"I'm looking forward to working in partnership with colleagues, partner organisations and local communities to make our vision a reality."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Geldard has been acting chief executive since September 2008 and joined the organisation in June 2002 as director of resources. Under his stewardship, the trust was awarded an excellent rating for use of resources by the Healthcare Commission and developed a �13m business case for mid Essex's new �13m unit for older adults due to open in November.
His career includes senior management positions at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and Brighton Healthcare NHS Trust. As director of finance and performance at Southend-on-Sea Primary Care Trust he produced their primary care strategy and established an innovative primary care counselling service.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Chairman of the North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Mary St Aubyn DL, said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome someone of Andrew's calibre as chief executive.
"His unique range of skills will ensure the organisation moves forward with confidence.
"His proven leadership skills, enormous commitment and drive will be essential as we build on our successes to create even better services for local communities."
The North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust covers the north of the county, including Uttlesford.