New chief executive for North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
THE North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which is the major provider of mental health services in the area, has appointed a new chief executive. Andrew Geldard takes up his new post with immediate effect, replacing Dr Richard Coleman who retired
THE North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which is the major provider of mental health services in the area, has appointed a new chief executive.
Andrew Geldard takes up his new post with immediate effect, replacing Dr Richard Coleman who retired in April.
Mr Geldard said: "I am very excited to be given this opportunity. What really inspires me is our vision for the future - to provide outstanding care by continually improving services, putting the people we support and our staff at the heart of this improvement, and developing our role as a major provider of health and social care services.
"I'm looking forward to working in partnership with colleagues, partner organisations and local communities to make our vision a reality."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Geldard has been acting chief executive since September 2008 and joined the organisation in June 2002 as director of resources. Under his stewardship, the trust was awarded an excellent rating for use of resources by the Healthcare Commission and developed a �13m business case for mid Essex's new �13m unit for older adults due to open in November.
His career includes senior management positions at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and Brighton Healthcare NHS Trust. As director of finance and performance at Southend-on-Sea Primary Care Trust he produced their primary care strategy and established an innovative primary care counselling service.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
Chairman of the North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Mary St Aubyn DL, said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome someone of Andrew's calibre as chief executive.
"His unique range of skills will ensure the organisation moves forward with confidence.
"His proven leadership skills, enormous commitment and drive will be essential as we build on our successes to create even better services for local communities."
The North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust covers the north of the county, including Uttlesford.