New chief executive of Uttlesford District Council looks forward to ‘fantastic opportunity’
The new chief executive of Uttlesford District Council (UDC) officially began her new role this week.
Dawn French, who joins UDC after spending 11 years with Basildon Council, started work on Monday (February 29), replacing John Mitchell, who retired in January.
Miss French previously worked for Chelmsford and Colchester councils and was commissioning director at Basildon prior to her departure.
Miss French said: “I am very happy to be at Uttlesford. This is a fantastic opportunity and I am looking forward to the challenges.
“Like all local authorities, Uttlesford faces some challenging times ahead, but the council is well placed to meet them head on.
“I will be doing my utmost to ensure this council continues to deliver the high quality services to residents that they have come to expect.”
Councillor Howard Rolfe, leader of UDC, said: “We are delighted to welcome Dawn to Uttlesford. She has extensive experience in local government and a wide range of qualities to lead Uttlesford through the challenges ahead of us.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 5 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 6 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 8 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 9 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 10 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
“Although Monday was her official start date, Dawn has been in regular contact with senior staff and has made several visits to Uttlesford since her appointment in November, so we are confident she will hit the ground running.”
Miss French was appointed in November as chief executive, returning officer, electoral registration officer, and designated as head of paid service of the council.