New chief executive of Uttlesford District Council looks forward to ‘fantastic opportunity’
The new chief executive of Uttlesford District Council (UDC) officially began her new role this week.
Dawn French, who joins UDC after spending 11 years with Basildon Council, started work on Monday (February 29), replacing John Mitchell, who retired in January.
Miss French previously worked for Chelmsford and Colchester councils and was commissioning director at Basildon prior to her departure.
Miss French said: “I am very happy to be at Uttlesford. This is a fantastic opportunity and I am looking forward to the challenges.
“Like all local authorities, Uttlesford faces some challenging times ahead, but the council is well placed to meet them head on.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be doing my utmost to ensure this council continues to deliver the high quality services to residents that they have come to expect.”
Councillor Howard Rolfe, leader of UDC, said: “We are delighted to welcome Dawn to Uttlesford. She has extensive experience in local government and a wide range of qualities to lead Uttlesford through the challenges ahead of us.
- 1 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 2 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 5 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 9 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 10 Autumn budget fails to address key air travel challenges, say industry chiefs
“Although Monday was her official start date, Dawn has been in regular contact with senior staff and has made several visits to Uttlesford since her appointment in November, so we are confident she will hit the ground running.”
Miss French was appointed in November as chief executive, returning officer, electoral registration officer, and designated as head of paid service of the council.