New children's hospital launches website
- Credit: Cambridge Children's Hospital
Cambridge Children’s Hospital, the new facility due to open in 2025 or 2026, has launched its website.
Visitors to www.cambridgechildrens.org.uk can track the progress of the project, find out more about fundraising projects and watch a video narrated by Stephen Fry.
The hospital, which will offer physical and mental healthcare under one roof, says it will "provide a whole new way of caring for children and young people".
East of England is currently the only region in the country without a children's hospital.
Alex White, project director, said: “Cambridge Children’s will be a hospital built for children with the help of children, young people, their families, carers and healthcare professionals.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been delighted to engage as many as possible in getting the project to this stage of its development.
“We are now encouraging anyone who wants to find out more and perhaps get involved themselves to visit our new website.”
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road