New cycle racks installed at Audley End station
- Credit: Archant
Two new cycle sheds have been installed at Audley End station.
Greater Anglia has replaced the old racks that were in a deteriorating state – providing a net increase of 32 cycle parking spaces.
Access Walden spokesman James Savage warmly welcomed the new facilities.
He said: “The installation of these racks is very timely as we expect a substantial increase in cycle journeys to/from the station with the popularity of cycling likely to increase around the Tour de France and the Wenden Road cycle / foot path a step closer.
“With yet another increase in station car park charges recently and the inexorable rising cost of petrol, travellers need affordable alternative options and good quality facilities like these.”
You may also want to watch:
Work was completed on installing the new bike racks last week. They now provide 58 spaces, of which 48 are under partial cover in the new style double-height racks.
There are also five new Sheffield ‘hoop’ style racks allowing space for 10 bikes in the open. These replace the 26 old cycle racks which were in a poor state.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
The installation is part of Greater Anglia’s programme to increase and upgrade cycle parking facilities across its network in line with its new cycle strategy.
Work on the racks was completed in the same week that Saffron Walden Town Council voted in favour of endorsing Essex County Council’s proposal for a partial one-way working for Wenden Road to facilitate the creation of a cycle and footpath.