Extra cycle spaces for train passengers
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Greater Anglia stations have added 1,176 cycle spaces in the region over the past year.
The £2.7 million scheme was funded by Essex and Cambridgeshire county councils, and Fenland District Council.
Whittlesford Parkway, near Duxford, saw an increase of 200 cycle spots, the greatest increase in the scheme.
Greater Anglia has also added 60 spaces for Audley End commuters.
There are 32 extra spaces at Braintree, and four more at Elsenham.
You may also want to watch:
Simone Bailey, Greater Anglia's Asset Management Director, said: “We’re keen to expand our cycling facilities, especially as it helps people to minimise their carbon footprint for the entire length of their journeys and can help people lead healthier lifestyles.
"Since the start of the pandemic, the number of people cycling in our region has soared, and the new facilities will help them to make more sustainable journeys and leave the car at home more.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime