New date revealed for meeting to consider Sainsbury’s and Tesco plans for expansion in Saffron Walden
UTTLESFOR District Council has announced the new date to consider the applications made by Tesco and Sainsbury’s for retails developments in Saffron Walden.
The council’s development control committee agreed at its meeting on Wednesday (November 17) to postpone the date of its extraordinary meeting to discuss the plans, on the advice of planning officers.
The meeting, which was due to take place on Tuesday November 23 will now take place on Thursday December 9.
A council spokesman said: “The report on the applications was published as required on Monday November 15. It referred to background papers being available on request. The papers included the retail impact report commissioned by the council from its consultants Savills on the respective impacts of the developments on the town centre, and their cumulative impact.
“The council was unable to comply with requests for access to that document until Wednesday November 17 as finishing touches were still being made to it by the consultants.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to ensure that all parties have a reasonable opportunity to study the background document if they so wish before the planning applications are determined, the date of the meeting has been re-arranged.
“Members of the public are still able to register to speak via uttlesford.gov.uk or by phoning Maggie Cox, Democratic Services Officer, on 01799 510369.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
“Please note we cannot guarantee that everyone who registers to speak will be able to do so. Anyone who has already registered does not need to re-register.
“The council will contact those individuals in the coming days regarding their availability for the new date.”