New date revealed for meeting to consider Sainsbury’s and Tesco plans for expansion in Saffron Walden
UTTLESFOR District Council has announced the new date to consider the applications made by Tesco and Sainsbury’s for retails developments in Saffron Walden.
The council’s development control committee agreed at its meeting on Wednesday (November 17) to postpone the date of its extraordinary meeting to discuss the plans, on the advice of planning officers.
The meeting, which was due to take place on Tuesday November 23 will now take place on Thursday December 9.
A council spokesman said: “The report on the applications was published as required on Monday November 15. It referred to background papers being available on request. The papers included the retail impact report commissioned by the council from its consultants Savills on the respective impacts of the developments on the town centre, and their cumulative impact.
“The council was unable to comply with requests for access to that document until Wednesday November 17 as finishing touches were still being made to it by the consultants.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to ensure that all parties have a reasonable opportunity to study the background document if they so wish before the planning applications are determined, the date of the meeting has been re-arranged.
“Members of the public are still able to register to speak via uttlesford.gov.uk or by phoning Maggie Cox, Democratic Services Officer, on 01799 510369.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 7 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 10 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
“Please note we cannot guarantee that everyone who registers to speak will be able to do so. Anyone who has already registered does not need to re-register.
“The council will contact those individuals in the coming days regarding their availability for the new date.”