New director of music and organist for St Mary’s Saffron Walden
THERE will be a different sound emanating from Mary’s Church, Saffron Walden, following the appointment of a new Director of Music and Organist.
THERE will be a different sound coming from Mary’s Church Saffron Walden following the appointment of a new director of music and organist.
Oliver King took up his new post this week.
He studied at the Royal College of Music with Nicholas Danby and Margaret Philips and at the Malmo Academy of Music with Matthias Wager.
Whilst Oliver was a student he held the Michael James Trust Organ scholarship to the Royal Church of St Martin in-the-Fields.
You may also want to watch:
He has been a teacher and performer for 10 years and has worked in two major boarding schools most recently as College Organist at Wellington College, combined with a busy and varied career as a soloist, accompanist, and conductor.
He has performed throughout the UK, Holland, Sweden and the US and has appeared on several recordings. When not doing musical things, Oliver is also a keen cyclist.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
Rector David Tomlinson said: “We’ve been looking forward immensely to Oli’s musical gifts and energy enriching our church’s life.”