New director of music and organist for St Mary’s Saffron Walden
THERE will be a different sound emanating from Mary’s Church, Saffron Walden, following the appointment of a new Director of Music and Organist.
THERE will be a different sound coming from Mary’s Church Saffron Walden following the appointment of a new director of music and organist.
Oliver King took up his new post this week.
He studied at the Royal College of Music with Nicholas Danby and Margaret Philips and at the Malmo Academy of Music with Matthias Wager.
Whilst Oliver was a student he held the Michael James Trust Organ scholarship to the Royal Church of St Martin in-the-Fields.
You may also want to watch:
He has been a teacher and performer for 10 years and has worked in two major boarding schools most recently as College Organist at Wellington College, combined with a busy and varied career as a soloist, accompanist, and conductor.
He has performed throughout the UK, Holland, Sweden and the US and has appeared on several recordings. When not doing musical things, Oliver is also a keen cyclist.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Rector David Tomlinson said: “We’ve been looking forward immensely to Oli’s musical gifts and energy enriching our church’s life.”