New director of music and organist for St Mary’s Saffron Walden
THERE will be a different sound emanating from Mary’s Church, Saffron Walden, following the appointment of a new Director of Music and Organist.
THERE will be a different sound coming from Mary’s Church Saffron Walden following the appointment of a new director of music and organist.
Oliver King took up his new post this week.
He studied at the Royal College of Music with Nicholas Danby and Margaret Philips and at the Malmo Academy of Music with Matthias Wager.
Whilst Oliver was a student he held the Michael James Trust Organ scholarship to the Royal Church of St Martin in-the-Fields.
He has been a teacher and performer for 10 years and has worked in two major boarding schools most recently as College Organist at Wellington College, combined with a busy and varied career as a soloist, accompanist, and conductor.
He has performed throughout the UK, Holland, Sweden and the US and has appeared on several recordings. When not doing musical things, Oliver is also a keen cyclist.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 9 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 10 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
Rector David Tomlinson said: “We’ve been looking forward immensely to Oli’s musical gifts and energy enriching our church’s life.”