New director of music and organist for St Mary’s Saffron Walden
THERE will be a different sound emanating from Mary’s Church, Saffron Walden, following the appointment of a new Director of Music and Organist.
THERE will be a different sound coming from Mary’s Church Saffron Walden following the appointment of a new director of music and organist.
Oliver King took up his new post this week.
He studied at the Royal College of Music with Nicholas Danby and Margaret Philips and at the Malmo Academy of Music with Matthias Wager.
Whilst Oliver was a student he held the Michael James Trust Organ scholarship to the Royal Church of St Martin in-the-Fields.
You may also want to watch:
He has been a teacher and performer for 10 years and has worked in two major boarding schools most recently as College Organist at Wellington College, combined with a busy and varied career as a soloist, accompanist, and conductor.
He has performed throughout the UK, Holland, Sweden and the US and has appeared on several recordings. When not doing musical things, Oliver is also a keen cyclist.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Rector David Tomlinson said: “We’ve been looking forward immensely to Oli’s musical gifts and energy enriching our church’s life.”