New easy-to-use website for Uttlesford CAB
AN easy-to-use website has been launched by Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau this week.
The site – uttlesfordcab.org.uk which went live on Tuesday – is aimed at the many clients who are happy to help themselves once signposted to a relevant organisation.
It is hoped it will improve awareness, and access to advice, for younger people in Uttlesford. The new website also allows Uttlesford CAB to support on-line donation facilities and fundraising activities.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We aimed to develop an easy-to-use website format that provided some of the best sources of advice on the net, whilst highlighting organisations and services that are readily available in Uttlesford.
“You can find the answer to many of the most frequent questions we are asked. We work collaboratively with a host of caring and respite charities, mental health support groups, alcohol and drug organisations, domestic abuse services. Information and links are included here on all these and more.”
You may also want to watch:
The site’s technical build was funded by Stansted Airport Community Trust. Melanie Hollidge, from Saffron Walden-based media specialists Wired2Create, volunteered time and energy to design the site, and has also been instrumental in getting the bureau using Twitter and Facebook.
? Pictured, Mel Hollidge of Wired2Create and Cllr Alastair Walters who is a trustee of Stansted Airport Community Trust.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Covid cases rise but no plans to reopen temporary Essex mortuary