New Essex library opening time patterns announced
OPENING time patterns for libraries in the Reporter area have been announced.
The new timetables will come into effect on July 4 following a countywide consultation prompted by the need to save over �4 million over the next four years.
Saffron Walden Library has lost 13 hours as part of the cost-cutting exercise – the new timetable will see the King Street facility shut early on Wednesday and close all day on Sunday.
Essex County Council’s libraries service received more than 27,000 responses and in most cases, the service says, customers had a ‘clear preference for a particular pattern of opening times and the most popular option implemented’.
Customers will be able to pick up a bookmark with details of the new opening times at their local library.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet member for environment and culture Cllr Jeremy Lucas said: “I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to the consultation. I am pleased to be able to say that we have been able to honour the will of the respondents.
“We are still keen to work with other public sector organisations or community groups who may have suggestions for funding or in kind support which may enable us to keep libraries open for longer.
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 7 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 8 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 9 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
“We continue to welcome any suggestions of this type.”
A number of changes to the routes of some mobile libraries will also come into effect from July 4. Timetables are available from mobile libraries or by calling 0845 603 7628
NEW LIBRARY OPENING HOURS
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am-6pm
Monday, Friday and Sunday: Closed
Tuesday and Thursday: 3pm-6pm
Monday, Wednesday and Sunday: Closed