Ramblers re-discover Uttlesford with refreshed guidebook
- Credit: Supplied by Peter Cooper
A rambler has updated his 10-year-old countryside guide, Discover Uttlesford.
Peter Cooper will launch the new edition - which features 16 circular walks throughout Uttlesford - with a five mile walk in Clavering on Sunday, June 6.
He said: "People wanted to get walking during the pandemic, so the original book has been off the shelves."
"The countryside has changed a lot in the last 10 years."
To produce the new edition, Peter had to retrace many of the steps he made 10 years ago to find out how Essex's countryside has changed.
You may also want to watch:
The walks in the book are between four and 12 miles in length and are all along the 130 mile long Uttlesford Way - a trail encircling Saffron Walden.
The book has already been released to some bookshops, while the celebratory walk is set to take place on Sunday, June 6, starting from Clavering's cricket pitch at 2pm.
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 New outreach Post Office for community
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss