New look and new site for Saffron Walden school
AN award-winning team of web designers and photographers have helped a Saffron Walden school launch a new website.
RA Butler Academy Infant & Junior Schools’ “informative, modern and appealing” website – rabutleracademy.org.uk – went live on Tuesday.
It was created by Saffron Walden-based web design company Tela and used the talents of a number of school parents, including photographers Claire Moir and Lizzie Orme, who worked closely with staff, governors and pupils.
Headteacher Ann Keen said: “We took the decision to refresh our website with the aim of making it more informative, modern and appealing. We have kept some of the former elements but added some new sections too.
“We have worked with a local company, Tela, who have been instrumental in helping us set up our new site, and responses at our pre-launch meetings with staff, parents and governors have been very positive.”
You may also want to watch:
The website updates parents on events, class activities, ‘who’s who’ details and links to useful external websites, while prospective parents will be able to get an insight into the school and see details such as the catchment area and admissions policy.
It also showcases the new school logo designed by junior school students Isabel Patmore and Harry Dorrian, and other examples of student’s work.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 6 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 7 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 8 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
Parents and pupils had an early preview of the site and their comments and ideas will be used for future developments.