New-look Slimming World comes to Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-three is inviting others to share the secrets of her slimming success by joining a weight loss group she has launched in the town.
Fay Griffiths, 27, of Haverhill, battled with her weight for a decade before she dropped three dress sizes last year with Slimming World.
“My eldest daughter was the reason I did it – she’d picked up some really bad habits from us,” said the new consultant, who has taken over the running of the Saffron Walden group.
“Now the meals we make are suitable for everybody, it’s changed our life,” said Fay, whose husband Paul has also lost weight in the past year.
Fay said she used to be worried about taking her children to the park because of her weight, and would rely on takeaways during the week rather than cooking healthy meals.
“My weight has yo-yoed for years, sometimes I lost some but I just put it back on. With Slimming World that didn’t happen because it just changed smaller things which added together.”
The change for Fay has not been just to her eating patterns, but also to her physical activity, which has been transformed since joining the Haverhill group.
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 9 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
“Now I can walk ten miles without thinking about it,” said Fay, who last year took part in the St Nicholas hospice Girls Night Out, completing 11.2 miles in aid of the charity.
“I never in my wildest dreams thought I could accomplish a goal, which to me was huge. Not only did I complete it, we finished in the top 20 walkers out of about 1125 who took part, and I felt amazing!”
Fay’s Slimming World group gathers at the Friends Meeting House, with two sessions every Thursday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm and on Fridays at 9.30am. You can turn up on the day or find out more from Fay by ringing 07963 236124.