New-look Slimming World comes to Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-three is inviting others to share the secrets of her slimming success by joining a weight loss group she has launched in the town.
Fay Griffiths, 27, of Haverhill, battled with her weight for a decade before she dropped three dress sizes last year with Slimming World.
“My eldest daughter was the reason I did it – she’d picked up some really bad habits from us,” said the new consultant, who has taken over the running of the Saffron Walden group.
“Now the meals we make are suitable for everybody, it’s changed our life,” said Fay, whose husband Paul has also lost weight in the past year.
Fay said she used to be worried about taking her children to the park because of her weight, and would rely on takeaways during the week rather than cooking healthy meals.
You may also want to watch:
“My weight has yo-yoed for years, sometimes I lost some but I just put it back on. With Slimming World that didn’t happen because it just changed smaller things which added together.”
The change for Fay has not been just to her eating patterns, but also to her physical activity, which has been transformed since joining the Haverhill group.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
“Now I can walk ten miles without thinking about it,” said Fay, who last year took part in the St Nicholas hospice Girls Night Out, completing 11.2 miles in aid of the charity.
“I never in my wildest dreams thought I could accomplish a goal, which to me was huge. Not only did I complete it, we finished in the top 20 walkers out of about 1125 who took part, and I felt amazing!”
Fay’s Slimming World group gathers at the Friends Meeting House, with two sessions every Thursday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm and on Fridays at 9.30am. You can turn up on the day or find out more from Fay by ringing 07963 236124.