New management home for community health services
HEALTH services in Uttlesford are under new management.
Staff and services at West Essex Community Health Services transferred to South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (SEPT) this week.
Bosses have stressed that the move will have little impact and assured patients that it will be ‘business as usual’ with the same services provided from the same place, by the same healthcare professionals.
SEPT chief executive Dr Patrick Geoghehan said: “This is excellent news for local people.
“SEPT will now be bringing together the skills and expertise of our new community staff with those of our mental health staff so that we can care for the physical and mental health needs of people in their own homes and communities.
You may also want to watch:
“There is an exciting future ahead for community health services and SEPT is leading the way in Essex.”
The Department of Health’s strategy for transforming community services means all primary care trusts (PCTs) must find new management homes for their services in 2011.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
NHS West Essex chairman Alan Tobias said: “We are very proud of what our staff and the services they provide have achieved for the local community while part of the PCT. We have no doubt that as part of SEPT they will continue to demonstrate the innovation, commitment and hard work that has been the hallmark of the community health service across west Essex.”