New Manchester Airports Group board at Stansted for stakeholder reception
- Credit: Archant
OVER 70 representatives from businesses, airline partners, chambers of commerce, local authorities and airport charity partners gathered at the Stansted Radisson Blu Hotel for a reception to mark the acquisition of the airport by Manchester Airports Group.
The event was an opportunity for invited guests to meet with MAG chairman Mike Davies and chief executive Charlie Cornish, as well as Stansted’s new managing director, Andrew Harrison, board members and other senior leaders from MAG and the airport.
It coincided with the first meeting of the new MAG board since the purchase of Stansted and following Industry Funds Management (IFM) taking a 35.5 per cent shareholding in the enlarged group.
Commenting on the reception, Mr Harrison said: “I’m delighted so many representatives from the airport, local community, business groups and other organisations were able to join us and meet with the MAG board and the airport’s senior leadership team.
“MAG and Stansted have both now entered a new and exciting era. We have significant investment plans to re-vamp the terminal and aim to return passenger numbers to growth as quickly as possible so it’s even more vital the airport and the local community develop and maintain strong links to maximise the full potential of the Stansted and unlock the opportunities that new ownership will undoubtedly bring.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank all the valued partners who found time in their busy diaries to meet with the team and I very much look forward to working with them as we develop our ambitious plans for Stansted.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?