New Manchester Airports Group board at Stansted for stakeholder reception
- Credit: Archant
OVER 70 representatives from businesses, airline partners, chambers of commerce, local authorities and airport charity partners gathered at the Stansted Radisson Blu Hotel for a reception to mark the acquisition of the airport by Manchester Airports Group.
The event was an opportunity for invited guests to meet with MAG chairman Mike Davies and chief executive Charlie Cornish, as well as Stansted’s new managing director, Andrew Harrison, board members and other senior leaders from MAG and the airport.
It coincided with the first meeting of the new MAG board since the purchase of Stansted and following Industry Funds Management (IFM) taking a 35.5 per cent shareholding in the enlarged group.
Commenting on the reception, Mr Harrison said: “I’m delighted so many representatives from the airport, local community, business groups and other organisations were able to join us and meet with the MAG board and the airport’s senior leadership team.
“MAG and Stansted have both now entered a new and exciting era. We have significant investment plans to re-vamp the terminal and aim to return passenger numbers to growth as quickly as possible so it’s even more vital the airport and the local community develop and maintain strong links to maximise the full potential of the Stansted and unlock the opportunities that new ownership will undoubtedly bring.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank all the valued partners who found time in their busy diaries to meet with the team and I very much look forward to working with them as we develop our ambitious plans for Stansted.”
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine