New music hall society show
TICKETS are now on sale for an all-singing and all-dancing production taking place in Saffron Walden Town Hall from Thursday October 2 to Saturday October 4. After a one-year break, Saffron Walden Music Hall Society (SWMHS) is back by popular demand with
TICKETS are now on sale for an all-singing and all-dancing production taking place in Saffron Walden Town Hall from Thursday October 2 to Saturday October 4.
After a one-year break, Saffron Walden Music Hall Society (SWMHS) is back by popular demand with a new show called Chase All Your Cares Away.
Society chairman Cheryl Waters said: "It promises to be full of variety and fun and will include colourful scenes, glamorous dancing girls, and plenty of comedy. There will be songs from the 1930s to more up-to-date show-stoppers and the traditional music hall songs."
Formed in 1972, SWMHS has been performing the best of British music hall to the people of Saffron Walden for more than 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
And many local and national charities have benefitted from the proceeds of the productions.
The society started rehearsals for their annual production in June and Mrs Waters said they are now looking forward to performing Chase All Your Cares Away to a packed town hall.
- 1 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 2 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 5 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 6 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 7 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 8 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
The show was compiled and produced by Patricia Rumble and Maureen Gypps and will feature MC double act Jonathan Waters and John Brooker.
Tickets are priced between £6 and £10 and are available from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre, on the Market Square. All performances start at 7.45pm.