New NHS leader springs in to life: West Essex Clinical Commissioning Group goes live on today (April 1)
WEST Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) will go ‘live’ today (April 1).
After receiving authorisation from the NHS Commissioning Board, West Essex CCG will be the statutory body responsible for commissioning and buying healthcare services on behalf of the people of Epping Forest, Harlow and Uttlesford districts.
With a budget of around £318 million to spend on NHS services including, hospital care, mental health services and community services, the CCG will be GP-lead and run by a combination of clinicians and highly experienced NHS managers.
In order to achieve authorisation, West Essex CCG completed a rigorous process to show it is ready to lead the NHS in west Essex. The CCG has been operating in ‘shadow form’ since April 2012, as PCTs prepared to hand over commissioning responsibility, and has been working at pace to take over the role of designing and buying local health and well-being services.
Dr Rob Gerlis, chairman of West Essex CCG and Harlow GP, said: “It is with great pleasure that we are able to make this announcement. It is the start of a new journey and testament to 12 months of hard work, commitment and dedication from every member of staff, as well as tremendous support from our 39 GP member practices and all our partner organisations.
You may also want to watch:
“We are passionate about ensuring people in West Essex receive the best possible, high quality care they deserve. We want patients to be at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to involving local people in decisions affecting their healthcare.”
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive