New online forum launched to identify talented unsigned Essex bands and musicians
A NEW online forum acting as a one-stop shop for unsigned bands and musicians in Essex has been launched.
Essex Unsigned has been set up by Thaxted-based Nigel and Caroline Hooper who have a wealth of experience in the industry, both as performers and through education.
Their slogan - ‘it’s about getting your music out there’ – reflects their aim to provide unsigned musicians from across the county with a complete service. That includes offering promotional materials, professional photographs or showcasing a DVD.
They also put on regular gigs at a variety of venues.
Nigel said: “There are thousands of bands and musicians in the county, many of whom have a great deal of talent but little knowledge of how to promote their music.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst larger forums are an excellent means of getting your music heard, they are so global that it does not necessarily equate to being ‘helped’.
“We don’t just welcome musicians; you can also register as a fan and follow your favourite artists. Soon you’ll even be able to buy and sell tracks via our website.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
“We’ll also be providing an extensive range of A-Z listings, including tutors and services in Essex.”
Nigel and Caroline believe that by addressing the needs of a musician at a local level, they are in a position to provide support and advice that can make a difference.
Run by Unsigned Artists Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation, Essex Unsigned also offers work experience opportunities for young people studying on creative arts courses in Essex such as graphic design, music or photography.
Essex Unsigned will be officially unveiled at an event in Chelmsford on Thursday November 25 from 8pm. The launch, held at The Golden Fleece in Duke Street, will see a number of bands, already signed up to the forum, perform. Entry is free.
Visit essexunsigned.com to register your interest or e-mail email@example.com for more details.