New parish role for popular Saffron Walden reverend
A POPULAR member of the Saffron Walden Team Ministry has moved to take up a new post in another parish.
The congregation of St Mary’s Parish Church said farewell to the Revd Anne Howson and her husband, Eddie, after the Sunday morning service on August 26.
Anne joined the St Mary’s ministry team on her ordination in July 2009 as assistant curate and has also been priest at St John’s Church in Little Walden. During her time in Saffron Walden, she has been fully involved in the parish’s worship and pastoral work, including planning and leading the annual Holocaust Memorial Day services for the past two years.
“I’ve been bowled over by the number of people who made me so welcome,” said Anne. “It has been a great privilege to be part of these lovely communities of Saffron Walden and Little Walden, sharing in their joys and sorrows. Eddie and I will miss you all, but will treasure your friendship in our hearts.”
The Howsons are moving to the parish of Brightlingsea, where Anne is to be priest-in-charge and will be licensed there next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The rector, Revd David Tomlinson, said: “Anne’s ministry has been greatly appreciated across the parish, and she has made a significant contribution to the churches’ ministry in Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages. On a personal note, I have valued her as a colleague.”
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Photographer 'shocked' after praise from hundreds of people
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council