New parish role for popular Saffron Walden reverend
A POPULAR member of the Saffron Walden Team Ministry has moved to take up a new post in another parish.
The congregation of St Mary’s Parish Church said farewell to the Revd Anne Howson and her husband, Eddie, after the Sunday morning service on August 26.
Anne joined the St Mary’s ministry team on her ordination in July 2009 as assistant curate and has also been priest at St John’s Church in Little Walden. During her time in Saffron Walden, she has been fully involved in the parish’s worship and pastoral work, including planning and leading the annual Holocaust Memorial Day services for the past two years.
“I’ve been bowled over by the number of people who made me so welcome,” said Anne. “It has been a great privilege to be part of these lovely communities of Saffron Walden and Little Walden, sharing in their joys and sorrows. Eddie and I will miss you all, but will treasure your friendship in our hearts.”
The Howsons are moving to the parish of Brightlingsea, where Anne is to be priest-in-charge and will be licensed there next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The rector, Revd David Tomlinson, said: “Anne’s ministry has been greatly appreciated across the parish, and she has made a significant contribution to the churches’ ministry in Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages. On a personal note, I have valued her as a colleague.”
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital