New play park opened in Wendens Ambo
- Credit: Archant
A NEW play park in Wendens Ambo has been officially unveiled.
Three years of fund-raising has come to fruition for the village after the new equipment, supplied by Hertfordshire-based Monster Play Systems Ltd, on the Wick was opened by Cllr Jan Menell on Saturday.
Children enjoyed free ice creams, a bouncy castle and goody bags (all supplied by Monster Play) while the adults enjoyed a glass of fizz.
The project, costing £65,000, was spearheaded by Wendens Ambo Parish Council and Wendens Ambo Play Park committee.
The community had been actively involved in selecting the new play park while fund-raising event included a murder mystery evening, a coast-to-coast cycle ride and a winter quiz-walk.
You may also want to watch:
Funders included Essex County Council’s Community Initiatives Fund and Big Society Fund, Uttlesford District Council’s Jubilee Grant Scheme and Community Project Scheme, Stansted Airport Community Trust, Tom Amos Charity, The Veolia Environmental Trust and Viridor Credits Environmental Company.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out