New play park opened in Wendens Ambo
- Credit: Archant
A NEW play park in Wendens Ambo has been officially unveiled.
Three years of fund-raising has come to fruition for the village after the new equipment, supplied by Hertfordshire-based Monster Play Systems Ltd, on the Wick was opened by Cllr Jan Menell on Saturday.
Children enjoyed free ice creams, a bouncy castle and goody bags (all supplied by Monster Play) while the adults enjoyed a glass of fizz.
The project, costing £65,000, was spearheaded by Wendens Ambo Parish Council and Wendens Ambo Play Park committee.
The community had been actively involved in selecting the new play park while fund-raising event included a murder mystery evening, a coast-to-coast cycle ride and a winter quiz-walk.
You may also want to watch:
Funders included Essex County Council’s Community Initiatives Fund and Big Society Fund, Uttlesford District Council’s Jubilee Grant Scheme and Community Project Scheme, Stansted Airport Community Trust, Tom Amos Charity, The Veolia Environmental Trust and Viridor Credits Environmental Company.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event