New play park opened in Wendens Ambo
- Credit: Archant
A NEW play park in Wendens Ambo has been officially unveiled.
Three years of fund-raising has come to fruition for the village after the new equipment, supplied by Hertfordshire-based Monster Play Systems Ltd, on the Wick was opened by Cllr Jan Menell on Saturday.
Children enjoyed free ice creams, a bouncy castle and goody bags (all supplied by Monster Play) while the adults enjoyed a glass of fizz.
The project, costing £65,000, was spearheaded by Wendens Ambo Parish Council and Wendens Ambo Play Park committee.
The community had been actively involved in selecting the new play park while fund-raising event included a murder mystery evening, a coast-to-coast cycle ride and a winter quiz-walk.
You may also want to watch:
Funders included Essex County Council’s Community Initiatives Fund and Big Society Fund, Uttlesford District Council’s Jubilee Grant Scheme and Community Project Scheme, Stansted Airport Community Trust, Tom Amos Charity, The Veolia Environmental Trust and Viridor Credits Environmental Company.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings