New play park opened in Wendens Ambo
- Credit: Archant
A NEW play park in Wendens Ambo has been officially unveiled.
Three years of fund-raising has come to fruition for the village after the new equipment, supplied by Hertfordshire-based Monster Play Systems Ltd, on the Wick was opened by Cllr Jan Menell on Saturday.
Children enjoyed free ice creams, a bouncy castle and goody bags (all supplied by Monster Play) while the adults enjoyed a glass of fizz.
The project, costing £65,000, was spearheaded by Wendens Ambo Parish Council and Wendens Ambo Play Park committee.
The community had been actively involved in selecting the new play park while fund-raising event included a murder mystery evening, a coast-to-coast cycle ride and a winter quiz-walk.
You may also want to watch:
Funders included Essex County Council’s Community Initiatives Fund and Big Society Fund, Uttlesford District Council’s Jubilee Grant Scheme and Community Project Scheme, Stansted Airport Community Trust, Tom Amos Charity, The Veolia Environmental Trust and Viridor Credits Environmental Company.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 7 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
- 8 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 9 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign
- 10 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson