New pre-school building opened in Saffron Walden
OVER 50 nursery children and their parents helped to celebrate the opening of a new purpose built pre-school at a Saffron Walden school this week.
The celebrations kicked off at St Thomas More School with a sun-filled family picnic on the school playing fields and was followed by the nursery children cutting the ribbon to open the doors to the new building.
The children also helped unveil a mosaic which they had been working on, with each child doing their own tile and self portraits which was done with the help of local mosaic artist Anne Cardwell.
The children and their parents then took part in a fun afternoon with a sponsored egg-and-spoon-race, followed by face painting, lucky dip and bouncy castle to help raise funds for a new chicken coop for the nursery’s latest editions, along with helping to raise money for new outside play equipment.
Helen Upton, spokesman for the school’s parent’s association said: “Great fun was had by all those who attend the day with lots of the parents saying they had such a lovely afternoon. The children especially enjoyed the egg and spoon race and they all went home with a party bag too.
You may also want to watch:
“So many people put in a lot of hard work to organised the day.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 6 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 7 Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler