New QD store for Saffron Walden set to create 20 new jobs
FOLLOWING weeks of speculation in the town, the QD Stores Group has confirmed that it is to open a new store in Saffron Walden – creating around 20 new jobs.
FOLLOWING weeks of speculation in the town, the QD Stores Group has confirmed that it is to open a new store in Saffron Walden - creating around 20 new jobs.
The retailer is about to undertake a major makeover of the town centre premises left vacant by Woolworths.
The new QD store will offer shoppers a wide selection of quality brands at extremely competitive prices and will provide Saffron Walden and the local area with a much-needed shopping destination in a prime location.
QD's marketing operations manager, Alan Hatcher, confirmed that work on the new store will start immediately.
You may also want to watch:
"Given that there is a significant amount of building work to be done in order to carry out a full refurbishment of the current premises and to maximise the retail space available, it is anticipated that the new store will open in late spring," he said.
He added that there had already been a very positive reaction to the news from local residents. "As each new store opens experience shows that the presence of a QD store on the high street has greatly increased trade across the entire town centre and I'm sure Saffron Walden will prove to be no exception."
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
Saffron Walden's sizeable store will stock all of QD's key lines with the promise of unbeatable value. The vast range includes homeware, fashion for all the family, DIY essentials and even kitchen cupboard staples such as coffee, tea and sugar.
Its location will bring the added convenience of being able to shop locally for a wide selection of goods and will draw customers from the surrounding area reducing the need for longer journeys and costly parking in larger towns such as Cambridge.
QD's stores offer a vast selection of quality goods at low prices. In-store, shoppers in Saffron Walden can look forward to great value clothing and accessories for all the family, household essentials and soft furnishings, along with everyday basics such as groceries and stationery.
The Group currently employs over 1000 staff throughout its nationwide chain of high street shops, Cherry Lane garden centres, Buyright superstore in Suffolk, and specialist fishing outlet, Lathams, on the Norfolk Broads. The company plans to increase the number of its high street stores from 34 to 50 by the end of 2010.