New Ryanair route from Stansted Airport announced
UNIVERSITY students look set to be the main winners after budget airline Ryanair launched a new route to Germany this week.
Stansted Airport will be connected to Leipzig five times a week from November and Ryanair sales and marketing director Maria Macken said that links to city’s university, one of the oldest in the world, should not be underestimated.
“Although Ryanair does not have a generic demographic, we do hope that students from both countries will think about using the route, either for studying or in-between terms.
“Germany is always popular with our customers and with that demand in mind we are delighted to be opening up this brand new route.”
Flights will start at �27.99 and be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
You may also want to watch:
Leipzeig has a population of 520,000 people and is the second largest city in the Saxony region. See ryanair.com for details.
- 1 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 2 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 3 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 4 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 7 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 8 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals