New Ryanair route from Stansted Airport announced
UNIVERSITY students look set to be the main winners after budget airline Ryanair launched a new route to Germany this week.
Stansted Airport will be connected to Leipzig five times a week from November and Ryanair sales and marketing director Maria Macken said that links to city’s university, one of the oldest in the world, should not be underestimated.
“Although Ryanair does not have a generic demographic, we do hope that students from both countries will think about using the route, either for studying or in-between terms.
“Germany is always popular with our customers and with that demand in mind we are delighted to be opening up this brand new route.”
Flights will start at �27.99 and be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
You may also want to watch:
Leipzeig has a population of 520,000 people and is the second largest city in the Saxony region. See ryanair.com for details.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre