New Saffron Walden department store opens
A NEW department store breathed new life into Saffron Walden town centre when it opened its doors this week.
Westgate of Saffron Walden was opened on Tuesday (June 8) to the sound of a professional jazz band, The Tennessee Tooters and, despite the drizzle, the new store was a hive of activity throughout the day. The first four customers through the doors received flowers and champagne.
The stunning building in Market Square, which was formerly the Eaden Lilly Department Store, has been beautifully refurbished, and will house an impressive variety of top brands including Wallis, Esprit, French Connection and Ben Sherman.
All customer needs will be catered for under one roof with a variety of departments including ladies fashion, menswear, premium denim jeans, lingerie, fashion accessories, perfume, giftware and textiles.
There is even a restaurant in-store, offering a wide selection of refreshing drinks, snacks and light meals.
You may also want to watch:
Westgate will also be helping the local community with the launch of the Saffron Walden Community Membership card which raises funds for two charities at the heart of the community, The Teenage Cancer Trust and Saffron Screen. Members of the scheme will earn points for these two good causes, in addition to points for themselves when they make a purchase in-store. When the target of one million points is reached a donation of �2500 will be made to each charity.
Store manager Abigail Warren said: “It is a privilege to be working in such a beautiful building in the heart of Saffron, and we are thrilled that we can give something back to the community through the Community Membership card.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold