New Saffron Walden department store opens
A NEW department store breathed new life into Saffron Walden town centre when it opened its doors this week.
Westgate of Saffron Walden was opened on Tuesday (June 8) to the sound of a professional jazz band, The Tennessee Tooters and, despite the drizzle, the new store was a hive of activity throughout the day. The first four customers through the doors received flowers and champagne.
The stunning building in Market Square, which was formerly the Eaden Lilly Department Store, has been beautifully refurbished, and will house an impressive variety of top brands including Wallis, Esprit, French Connection and Ben Sherman.
All customer needs will be catered for under one roof with a variety of departments including ladies fashion, menswear, premium denim jeans, lingerie, fashion accessories, perfume, giftware and textiles.
There is even a restaurant in-store, offering a wide selection of refreshing drinks, snacks and light meals.
You may also want to watch:
Westgate will also be helping the local community with the launch of the Saffron Walden Community Membership card which raises funds for two charities at the heart of the community, The Teenage Cancer Trust and Saffron Screen. Members of the scheme will earn points for these two good causes, in addition to points for themselves when they make a purchase in-store. When the target of one million points is reached a donation of �2500 will be made to each charity.
Store manager Abigail Warren said: “It is a privilege to be working in such a beautiful building in the heart of Saffron, and we are thrilled that we can give something back to the community through the Community Membership card.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand