New Salvation Army shop opens in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers will have a new place to browse after a charity branch opened in Saffron Walden.
Doors to the Salvation Army shop, on Hill Street, opened on Monday.
Captain Carol Baker, minister of the branch of the organisation, was delighted.
She said: “The first day went really well. We were really pleased, nearly all day we had people come in to browse. It was excellent.”
The shop is open from 9.30am-4pm from Monday to Friday and on Saturdays it is open from 9.30am-12.30pm.
To donate items or for volunteering opportunities, call 07582 637015.
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'