New ski and winter sun from Stansted Airport
AS the school summer holidays end and thoughts turn to winter escapes, Stansted is gearing up with new ski links, additional winter sun destinations and new flights to the African Continent.
Ryanair will bring Bulgaria’s increasingly popular Bansko ski region closer to home in November with new flights to Plovdiv, and Air Berlin will launch services to Salzburg in December, landing passengers on the doorstep of some of Austria’s best Alpine ski resorts.
easyJet are also heating things up with increased frequencies to Alicante, Bilbao and Nice this winter, and December will welcome the start of Serenity Holidays new services to The Gambia and Cape Verde.
“Despite the difficult economic climate, it’s encouraging to see our airline partners introducing new routes and extra flights, giving passengers even greater choice when deciding where they might want to head away to this winter,” said Nick Barton, Commercial and Development Director at London Stansted Airport.
“AirAsia X’s onward connections to Bali, Phuket, Perth and Brisbane will be popular once again with those looking to escape the cold British winter, and we’re delighted The Gambia and Cape Verde join our route network, connecting Stansted to these tropical retreats in just six hours flying time.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information visit stanstedairport.com
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely