New starts for re-launched NCT-run Saffron Walden playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup has re-launched in an effort to provide “a real support network for new parents”.
Bumps and Babies, run by the charity the National Childbirth Trust, started this week at the New Life Church on Shire Hill, Saffron Walden. The venue has given a new lease of life to the group.
Sarah Allington, one of the co-ordinators, said: “The New Life Church is a great venue. We are hugely grateful to them. Previously we had been struggling to find a suitable venue in town and numbers were dropping.
“Also, as babies get older and volunteers move on it can be tricky to keep the group going. We are always looking for friendly volunteers to welcome new parents.”
She added: “For me, when my son was two weeks old, knowing I had a place to go with friendly supportive people for that first day on my own with the baby when my husband went back to work was very comforting. I met some of my best friends at this group.”
You may also want to watch:
Bumps & Babies will run every second and fourth Wednesday of each month, between 10-11.30am.
The group welcomes all parents, new and expectant.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
Older siblings are welcome, too. It is free to attend and tea and coffee are available for a donation.