New starts for re-launched NCT-run Saffron Walden playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup has re-launched in an effort to provide “a real support network for new parents”.
Bumps and Babies, run by the charity the National Childbirth Trust, started this week at the New Life Church on Shire Hill, Saffron Walden. The venue has given a new lease of life to the group.
Sarah Allington, one of the co-ordinators, said: “The New Life Church is a great venue. We are hugely grateful to them. Previously we had been struggling to find a suitable venue in town and numbers were dropping.
“Also, as babies get older and volunteers move on it can be tricky to keep the group going. We are always looking for friendly volunteers to welcome new parents.”
She added: “For me, when my son was two weeks old, knowing I had a place to go with friendly supportive people for that first day on my own with the baby when my husband went back to work was very comforting. I met some of my best friends at this group.”
You may also want to watch:
Bumps & Babies will run every second and fourth Wednesday of each month, between 10-11.30am.
The group welcomes all parents, new and expectant.
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
Older siblings are welcome, too. It is free to attend and tea and coffee are available for a donation.