New starts for re-launched NCT-run Saffron Walden playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A playgroup has re-launched in an effort to provide “a real support network for new parents”.
Bumps and Babies, run by the charity the National Childbirth Trust, started this week at the New Life Church on Shire Hill, Saffron Walden. The venue has given a new lease of life to the group.
Sarah Allington, one of the co-ordinators, said: “The New Life Church is a great venue. We are hugely grateful to them. Previously we had been struggling to find a suitable venue in town and numbers were dropping.
“Also, as babies get older and volunteers move on it can be tricky to keep the group going. We are always looking for friendly volunteers to welcome new parents.”
She added: “For me, when my son was two weeks old, knowing I had a place to go with friendly supportive people for that first day on my own with the baby when my husband went back to work was very comforting. I met some of my best friends at this group.”
Bumps & Babies will run every second and fourth Wednesday of each month, between 10-11.30am.
The group welcomes all parents, new and expectant.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
Older siblings are welcome, too. It is free to attend and tea and coffee are available for a donation.