New team ministry for Saffron Walden
A NEW set up of Saffron Walden’s team ministry has been marked with a special service at St Mary’s Parish Church.
The formation of Saffron Walden and Villages Team Ministry will be a “more effective way of serving the community”. In a service led by The Rt Rev Christopher Morgan, Bishop of Colchester, and the clergy of the newly-formed ministry, the Bishop spoke of how this fresh approach will also allow new networks of friendships to develop.
During the service representatives from each of the communities placed an outline of their town or village onto a map depicting the whole of the team.
Rev David Tomlinson, the Rector, said “It was an uplifting event, marking a new phase of our life together, and a renewed commitment to serve our communities.
“Working collaboratively to share God’s love in Jesus Christ with all the people who live in Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages is our goal.”
You may also want to watch:
he new team ministry has expanded to include the parishes of Debden, Wimbish, Great and Little Chesterford. It will now comprise of nine parishes; Saffron Walden, Ashdon, Debden, Great Chesterford, Hadstock, Littlebury, Little Chesterford, Wendens Ambo and Wimbish (with Thunderley).
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision