New town centre gym opened by MP
FITNESS enthusiasts have been invited to try out a prestigious new gym filled with state-of-the-art equipment following its official opening last week.
Owners of the Saracens Head Hotel in Dunmow High Street were joined by the town’s MP Sir Alan Haselhurst for the unveiling of Saracen’s Fitness - a private members gym which can also be used by the hotel’s guests.
Timothy Doyle, who with Paul Cutsforth and Leanne Langman co-founded Cozy Pubs - the company which owns the Saracens Head, Eight Bells in Saffron Walden and Cricketers in Rickling Green - said the trio had identified a need for the gym in the town.
He told the Broadcast: “We wanted to add more to this end of the High Street and thought an exclusive private members gym for adults would benefit the people of Dunmow and the surrounding area.
“The �600,000 spent to refurbish the building and kit it out with state-of-the-art gym equipment brings our investment in the hotel to over �2.5million and is something guests can enjoy too.”
You may also want to watch:
Saracens Fitness is open to private members only and over 100 people are on the books already. Mr Doyle said the limit would be set at 300 so that the gym did not become too crowded but encouraged anybody interested in joining to come along.
“The gym is open from 6am to 10pm and we are offering a week’s free trial to anybody who would like to try it out and see what they think. Membership at the gym is �37 per month,” added Mr Doyle.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash