New town centre gym opened by MP
FITNESS enthusiasts have been invited to try out a prestigious new gym filled with state-of-the-art equipment following its official opening last week.
Owners of the Saracens Head Hotel in Dunmow High Street were joined by the town’s MP Sir Alan Haselhurst for the unveiling of Saracen’s Fitness - a private members gym which can also be used by the hotel’s guests.
Timothy Doyle, who with Paul Cutsforth and Leanne Langman co-founded Cozy Pubs - the company which owns the Saracens Head, Eight Bells in Saffron Walden and Cricketers in Rickling Green - said the trio had identified a need for the gym in the town.
He told the Broadcast: “We wanted to add more to this end of the High Street and thought an exclusive private members gym for adults would benefit the people of Dunmow and the surrounding area.
“The �600,000 spent to refurbish the building and kit it out with state-of-the-art gym equipment brings our investment in the hotel to over �2.5million and is something guests can enjoy too.”
You may also want to watch:
Saracens Fitness is open to private members only and over 100 people are on the books already. Mr Doyle said the limit would be set at 300 so that the gym did not become too crowded but encouraged anybody interested in joining to come along.
“The gym is open from 6am to 10pm and we are offering a week’s free trial to anybody who would like to try it out and see what they think. Membership at the gym is �37 per month,” added Mr Doyle.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event