New Town Centre shop opens
A FASHION retailer, with more than 300 stores nationwide, was officially welcomed to Saffron Walden on Saturday. Saffron Walden town mayor Mike Hibbs opened M&Co s newest branch on Market Hill. The department store specialises in clothes for women, men an
A FASHION retailer, with more than 300 stores nationwide, was officially welcomed to Saffron Walden on Saturday.
Saffron Walden town mayor Mike Hibbs opened M&Co's newest branch on Market Hill. The department store specialises in clothes for women, men and children, but also sells products for the home.
Area manager for M&Co Emma Chaplin said: "The opening was really successful and went without a hitch. Lots of people came through the doors and we made some good first-day sales. The feedback we've had from customers so far has been very positive."
The store, which has created more than 20 jobs for people in the town, will be open from 9am to 5.30pm every day except Sunday. Despite the recession, Ms Chaplin is confident that M&Co will prosper in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"We defiantly think there is a gap in the market for a store such as this," she said. "Everything is very reasonably priced and there is something for everybody - I'm confident that it will not take us long to establish ourselves in the town."
Ms Chaplin thanked the mayor for taking the time to open the store and for his positive comments.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 7 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 8 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 9 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
- 10 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction