New trustees needed to keep Saffron Walden ‘Garden Room’ in business
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Garden Room is looking for new trustees and committee members.
The charity, based in the Jubilee Gardens, has been providing meals and a meeting place for the town since 1979.
But it is in desperate need for more help with its trustees and officers group – who serve on a rotational, voluntary basis – depleted by relocations, personal commitments and retirement.
Honorary secretary Terry Pointer said: “We desperately need more people to become trustees, officers or management committee members and take an active interest in the charity. We’re particularly looking for people with relevant experience in management, catering, accounts or secretarial skills.”
The Garden Room is also always keen to welcome more volunteers to serve meals.
You may also want to watch:
If you feel you could spare a little time, email email@example.com with your contact details.
• The Garden Room provides breakfasts, snacks, teas and coffees in the morning, with lunch comprising of main course (£4.50) and sweet (£1), from 12.15pm.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
The Garden Room is open from 9am to 1.30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Please note it will be closed for one week from May 5 for refurbishment and redecoration.