New trustees needed to keep Saffron Walden ‘Garden Room’ in business
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Garden Room is looking for new trustees and committee members.
The charity, based in the Jubilee Gardens, has been providing meals and a meeting place for the town since 1979.
But it is in desperate need for more help with its trustees and officers group – who serve on a rotational, voluntary basis – depleted by relocations, personal commitments and retirement.
Honorary secretary Terry Pointer said: “We desperately need more people to become trustees, officers or management committee members and take an active interest in the charity. We’re particularly looking for people with relevant experience in management, catering, accounts or secretarial skills.”
The Garden Room is also always keen to welcome more volunteers to serve meals.
You may also want to watch:
If you feel you could spare a little time, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
• The Garden Room provides breakfasts, snacks, teas and coffees in the morning, with lunch comprising of main course (£4.50) and sweet (£1), from 12.15pm.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
The Garden Room is open from 9am to 1.30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Please note it will be closed for one week from May 5 for refurbishment and redecoration.