New ‘urban square’ unveiled in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Residents of Foresthall Park in Stansted Mountfitchet are celebrating with the official launch of a new ‘urban square’.
Rochford Square, named after the nurseries which previously occupied the site, will see families able to enjoy tree-lined walkways, a central lawn and open-air seating following a 12-week building project.
Stansted parish councillor and residents association member John Savopoulos joined Christine Scarborough, North Thames sales and marketing director for the site’s developer Taylor Wimpey, parish councillors Maureen Caton and Catherine Dean and Stansted district councillor Alan Dean to formally unveil the square last Friday (October 25).
Mr Savopoulos said: “The square transforms the development, giving people an area of green space to enjoy, somewhere for children to play and helping to build a real sense of community.
“Rochford Square really adds to the existing facilities on offer at Foresthall Park. The initial feedback has certainly been positive and residents will hopefully benefit for many years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Scarborough added: “The construction of Rochford Square at Foresthall Park reflects our belief that building a new homes development is about more than just providing high-quality properties for people to live in – it is about giving homebuyers the chance to be part of a thriving community.
“We are delighted to help unveil the square and we are sure residents will love this wonderful area of green, open space on their doorstep, adding to the strong sense of community which already exists at the development.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road