New Volunteer Centre Uttlesford team offers free workshop
VOLUNTEER Centre Uttlesford has announced the arrival of a new manager and deputy manager. Stephanie Adams and Esther Rowland join the ranks and one of the organisation s first events as a new team is a free workshop for community groups and organisations
VOLUNTEER Centre Uttlesford has announced the arrival of a new manager and deputy manager.
Stephanie Adams and Esther Rowland join the ranks and one of the organisation's first events as a new team is a free workshop for community groups and organisations working with or looking to work with volunteers.
As part of a the ongoing promotion and development of volunteer opportunities in rural Uttlesford, the Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, Voluntary Sector Training and Essex County Football Association have all teamed up to offer this informal but informative evening of top tips for making the most of volunteers.
Esther Rowland, from the Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, said: "Our aim for this free workshop is to deliver high quality, bite size training to organisations, helping them to attract and keep volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
"Volunteering is a really rewarding experience for both sides but to get the best from it there are some top tips which organisations can follow and this informal workshop will show them how."
The workshop will be a mix of discussion and questions and answers and will be held on Wednesday November 11 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm at Radwinter Village Hall. It is free but booking in advance is essential. There will be light buffet refreshments.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
For more information contact the Volunteer Centre Uttlesford on 01799 513626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Centre Uttlesford provides a free service in Uttlesford to help people wanting to find volunteering opportunities and voluntary organisations seeking volunteers.
- Volunteer Sector Training is an independent charity working to support the development of a strong, effective and diverse voluntary and community sector in Essex.
- The Essex County Football Association aims to provide grassroots football with the capacity to offer an enjoyable learning environment so that people are encouraged to start playing the game, stay in the game and succeed in the game. An aspect of the Strategy for 2008-12 is to provide the volunteer workforce with regular development opportunities.