New volunteers for charity
AN Uttlesford charity that supports and helps young families has taken on eight new volunteers. After a successful recruitment drive, Home-Start Uttlesford guided the new volunteers - from the Dunmow, Bishop s Stortford and Stansted areas – through a 40-h
AN Uttlesford charity that supports and helps young families has taken on eight new volunteers.
After a successful recruitment drive, Home-Start Uttlesford guided the new volunteers - from the Dunmow, Bishop's Stortford and Stansted areas - through a 40-hour preparation training course.
The course covered topics ranging from confidentiality to safeguarding children.
A spokesman said: "Due to a high influx of families being referred to Home-Start for support, we had to organise an additional training course this year to help us cope with our ever growing waiting list.
You may also want to watch:
"And it is amazing that we have been able to train so many new volunteers, we've been very lucky."
Home-Start is based in Fairycroft Road, Saffron Walden and is part of a national voluntary organisation in which volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to young families under stress in their own homes.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
The charity is open to any family with at least one child under the age of five.
Home-Start's next volunteer preparation course is due to start in early autumn and the spokesman added: "We would love to hear from anyone who may be interested."
For more information contact Linda Robinson on 01799 520728. More details about the scheme is available on the website www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk