New volunteers for charity
AN Uttlesford charity that supports and helps young families has taken on eight new volunteers. After a successful recruitment drive, Home-Start Uttlesford guided the new volunteers - from the Dunmow, Bishop s Stortford and Stansted areas – through a 40-h
AN Uttlesford charity that supports and helps young families has taken on eight new volunteers.
After a successful recruitment drive, Home-Start Uttlesford guided the new volunteers - from the Dunmow, Bishop's Stortford and Stansted areas - through a 40-hour preparation training course.
The course covered topics ranging from confidentiality to safeguarding children.
A spokesman said: "Due to a high influx of families being referred to Home-Start for support, we had to organise an additional training course this year to help us cope with our ever growing waiting list.
You may also want to watch:
"And it is amazing that we have been able to train so many new volunteers, we've been very lucky."
Home-Start is based in Fairycroft Road, Saffron Walden and is part of a national voluntary organisation in which volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to young families under stress in their own homes.
- 1 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 10 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
The charity is open to any family with at least one child under the age of five.
Home-Start's next volunteer preparation course is due to start in early autumn and the spokesman added: "We would love to hear from anyone who may be interested."
For more information contact Linda Robinson on 01799 520728. More details about the scheme is available on the website www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk