New volunteers for Homestart Uttlesford
AN Uttlesford charity has 15 new volunteers after they successfully completed a preparation course.
They will join the ranks of Homestart Uttlesford, which offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
A spokesman for the charity said: “These new volunteers completed the sessions of their preparation course which will now enable them to be matched with families in the Uttlesford area who may be finding life difficult. We would like to welcome them to the Homestart team.”
Meanwhile, the charity’s Christmas lunch, organised by the Friends of Homestart Uttlesford and held at Clavering Village Hall in November, attracted 100 supporters and raised almost �5000, while a cake stall in Saffron Walden town centre last month helped draw in a further �416.
Homestart offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
You may also want to watch:
Visit homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40