New volunteers for Homestart Uttlesford
AN Uttlesford charity has 15 new volunteers after they successfully completed a preparation course.
They will join the ranks of Homestart Uttlesford, which offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
A spokesman for the charity said: “These new volunteers completed the sessions of their preparation course which will now enable them to be matched with families in the Uttlesford area who may be finding life difficult. We would like to welcome them to the Homestart team.”
Meanwhile, the charity’s Christmas lunch, organised by the Friends of Homestart Uttlesford and held at Clavering Village Hall in November, attracted 100 supporters and raised almost �5000, while a cake stall in Saffron Walden town centre last month helped draw in a further �416.
Homestart offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
Visit homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.
- 1 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 7 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 Walden has late night shopping and musicians