New volunteers for Homestart Uttlesford
AN Uttlesford charity has 15 new volunteers after they successfully completed a preparation course.
They will join the ranks of Homestart Uttlesford, which offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
A spokesman for the charity said: “These new volunteers completed the sessions of their preparation course which will now enable them to be matched with families in the Uttlesford area who may be finding life difficult. We would like to welcome them to the Homestart team.”
Meanwhile, the charity’s Christmas lunch, organised by the Friends of Homestart Uttlesford and held at Clavering Village Hall in November, attracted 100 supporters and raised almost �5000, while a cake stall in Saffron Walden town centre last month helped draw in a further �416.
Homestart offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
You may also want to watch:
Visit homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre