New volunteers for Homestart Uttlesford
AN Uttlesford charity has 15 new volunteers after they successfully completed a preparation course.
They will join the ranks of Homestart Uttlesford, which offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
A spokesman for the charity said: “These new volunteers completed the sessions of their preparation course which will now enable them to be matched with families in the Uttlesford area who may be finding life difficult. We would like to welcome them to the Homestart team.”
Meanwhile, the charity’s Christmas lunch, organised by the Friends of Homestart Uttlesford and held at Clavering Village Hall in November, attracted 100 supporters and raised almost �5000, while a cake stall in Saffron Walden town centre last month helped draw in a further �416.
Homestart offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community.
You may also want to watch:
Visit homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending