Newport Amateur Theatrical Society forced to re-arrange Snow White panto production after floods affect village hall
- Credit: Archant
Newport Amateur Theatrical Society was forced to postpone its Snow White panto production because of flooding under the stage and floor at the village hall – but it will be “on with the show” next month.
Performances were due to run from Friday to Sunday but it was a non-starter after floods affected under the stage and floor.
Performances will now take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 7, 8 and 9.
Panto director Will Murray told the Reporter: “It is frustrating because we were all geared up for it, and the kids especially were upset.
“These things can’t be helped and we’re now preparing for the production next month.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We lost a bit of material which was underneath the stage but fortunately all the good stuff was on the stage ready for the panto, so wasn’t affected.
Evening performance times on Friday and Saturday, March 7 and 8 are at 7.30pm (doors open 7pm). There will also be a matinee on Sunday, March 9, at 1.30pm.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Tickets will be valid for the equivalent replacement performance – for example, Friday, March 7, replaces Friday, February 7. Likewise for the Saturday and Sunday performances.
Anyone wishing to exchange the date or obtain a refund should contact the original place of purchase, or contact NATStheatrical@hotmail.co.uk for advice.