Newport Amateur Theatrical Society forced to re-arrange Snow White panto production after floods affect village hall
- Credit: Archant
Newport Amateur Theatrical Society was forced to postpone its Snow White panto production because of flooding under the stage and floor at the village hall – but it will be “on with the show” next month.
Performances were due to run from Friday to Sunday but it was a non-starter after floods affected under the stage and floor.
Performances will now take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 7, 8 and 9.
Panto director Will Murray told the Reporter: “It is frustrating because we were all geared up for it, and the kids especially were upset.
“These things can’t be helped and we’re now preparing for the production next month.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We lost a bit of material which was underneath the stage but fortunately all the good stuff was on the stage ready for the panto, so wasn’t affected.
Evening performance times on Friday and Saturday, March 7 and 8 are at 7.30pm (doors open 7pm). There will also be a matinee on Sunday, March 9, at 1.30pm.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Tickets will be valid for the equivalent replacement performance – for example, Friday, March 7, replaces Friday, February 7. Likewise for the Saturday and Sunday performances.
Anyone wishing to exchange the date or obtain a refund should contact the original place of purchase, or contact NATStheatrical@hotmail.co.uk for advice.