Newport Amateur Theatrical Society forced to re-arrange Snow White panto production after floods affect village hall
- Credit: Archant
Newport Amateur Theatrical Society was forced to postpone its Snow White panto production because of flooding under the stage and floor at the village hall – but it will be “on with the show” next month.
Performances were due to run from Friday to Sunday but it was a non-starter after floods affected under the stage and floor.
Performances will now take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 7, 8 and 9.
Panto director Will Murray told the Reporter: “It is frustrating because we were all geared up for it, and the kids especially were upset.
“These things can’t be helped and we’re now preparing for the production next month.”
He added: “We lost a bit of material which was underneath the stage but fortunately all the good stuff was on the stage ready for the panto, so wasn’t affected.
Evening performance times on Friday and Saturday, March 7 and 8 are at 7.30pm (doors open 7pm). There will also be a matinee on Sunday, March 9, at 1.30pm.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 7 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 9 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 10 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
Tickets will be valid for the equivalent replacement performance – for example, Friday, March 7, replaces Friday, February 7. Likewise for the Saturday and Sunday performances.
Anyone wishing to exchange the date or obtain a refund should contact the original place of purchase, or contact NATStheatrical@hotmail.co.uk for advice.