Newport author releases book on how to beat high blood pressure
A NURSE from Newport has written a guidebook to help people suffering from high blood pressure.
Katy Gordon, of Belmont Hill, celebrated the launch by signing copies of Beating High Blood Pressure for visitors to Saffron Walden Library on Saturday.
Katy, a cardiac nurse and consultant to the NHS, said: “16 million people in the UK have high blood pressure but a third of those do not know they have got it.
“I wanted to write a book that laid out the facts in a clear, easy to read way and that everyone could understand.”
Beating High Blood Pressure is split into three sections: a clear account of what high blood pressure is, how to spot it and the effects it can have; advice on how to successfully manage the condition; and a workbook-like action plan so people can start controlling the condition straight away.
You may also want to watch:
“This book is full of useful, easy to understand, information on high blood pressure,” said Katy. “It is a must-have book if you are want to beat high blood pressure and lead a healthy lifestyle.”
The book will be distributed through doctors’ surgeries, practices, medical centres and is also on sale to the public.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Beating High Blood Pressure costs �12.99 and is available from bookshops and throughcocreatingbalance.com andamazon.com. It is also for sale at Newport Post Office.