Newport author releases book on how to beat high blood pressure
A NURSE from Newport has written a guidebook to help people suffering from high blood pressure.
Katy Gordon, of Belmont Hill, celebrated the launch by signing copies of Beating High Blood Pressure for visitors to Saffron Walden Library on Saturday.
Katy, a cardiac nurse and consultant to the NHS, said: “16 million people in the UK have high blood pressure but a third of those do not know they have got it.
“I wanted to write a book that laid out the facts in a clear, easy to read way and that everyone could understand.”
Beating High Blood Pressure is split into three sections: a clear account of what high blood pressure is, how to spot it and the effects it can have; advice on how to successfully manage the condition; and a workbook-like action plan so people can start controlling the condition straight away.
You may also want to watch:
“This book is full of useful, easy to understand, information on high blood pressure,” said Katy. “It is a must-have book if you are want to beat high blood pressure and lead a healthy lifestyle.”
The book will be distributed through doctors’ surgeries, practices, medical centres and is also on sale to the public.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
Beating High Blood Pressure costs �12.99 and is available from bookshops and throughcocreatingbalance.com andamazon.com. It is also for sale at Newport Post Office.