Newport author releases book on how to beat high blood pressure
A NURSE from Newport has written a guidebook to help people suffering from high blood pressure.
Katy Gordon, of Belmont Hill, celebrated the launch by signing copies of Beating High Blood Pressure for visitors to Saffron Walden Library on Saturday.
Katy, a cardiac nurse and consultant to the NHS, said: “16 million people in the UK have high blood pressure but a third of those do not know they have got it.
“I wanted to write a book that laid out the facts in a clear, easy to read way and that everyone could understand.”
Beating High Blood Pressure is split into three sections: a clear account of what high blood pressure is, how to spot it and the effects it can have; advice on how to successfully manage the condition; and a workbook-like action plan so people can start controlling the condition straight away.
You may also want to watch:
“This book is full of useful, easy to understand, information on high blood pressure,” said Katy. “It is a must-have book if you are want to beat high blood pressure and lead a healthy lifestyle.”
The book will be distributed through doctors’ surgeries, practices, medical centres and is also on sale to the public.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
Beating High Blood Pressure costs �12.99 and is available from bookshops and throughcocreatingbalance.com andamazon.com. It is also for sale at Newport Post Office.