Newport business supports Think Local Campaign
A FAMILY-RUN garden centre and florist is celebrating its 25th anniversary of trading in Newport. Based on the High Street, R&R Saggers is one of the many companies to sign up to the Newport Business Association s (NBA s) Think Local campaign. Roger Sagge
A FAMILY-RUN garden centre and florist is celebrating its 25th anniversary of trading in Newport.
Based on the High Street, R&R Saggers is one of the many companies to sign up to the Newport Business Association's (NBA's) Think Local campaign.
Roger Saggers, who owns and runs the company with his wife Roz, said: "My family has been in business in Newport since the 1930s.
"Whilst we may not be able to compete on price with the major retail outlets, like many small businesses, our high level of expertise and personal service is second to none.
You may also want to watch:
"We always try and go the extra mile for our customers for example, we are more than happy to come out and discuss and suggest ideas for their gardens and deliver and position plants for planting.
"The Think Local campaign is a fantastic initiative. We welcome any incentives that will help us promote our business during these tough economic times. We always try our best to shop locally ourselves. Why spend money on fuel, when everything we need is on our doorstep?"
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
The Think Local campaign aims to beat the recession by informing the public about the strong economic, environmental and social benefits of buying locally.
Support for the campaign and download a voucher for a 10 per cent discount on Christmas trees at R&R Saggers by visiting www.newportbusinessassociation.co.uk