Newport business supports Think Local Campaign
A FAMILY-RUN garden centre and florist is celebrating its 25th anniversary of trading in Newport. Based on the High Street, R&R Saggers is one of the many companies to sign up to the Newport Business Association s (NBA s) Think Local campaign. Roger Sagge
A FAMILY-RUN garden centre and florist is celebrating its 25th anniversary of trading in Newport.
Based on the High Street, R&R Saggers is one of the many companies to sign up to the Newport Business Association's (NBA's) Think Local campaign.
Roger Saggers, who owns and runs the company with his wife Roz, said: "My family has been in business in Newport since the 1930s.
"Whilst we may not be able to compete on price with the major retail outlets, like many small businesses, our high level of expertise and personal service is second to none.
"We always try and go the extra mile for our customers for example, we are more than happy to come out and discuss and suggest ideas for their gardens and deliver and position plants for planting.
"The Think Local campaign is a fantastic initiative. We welcome any incentives that will help us promote our business during these tough economic times. We always try our best to shop locally ourselves. Why spend money on fuel, when everything we need is on our doorstep?"
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 3 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 4 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 5 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
The Think Local campaign aims to beat the recession by informing the public about the strong economic, environmental and social benefits of buying locally.
Support for the campaign and download a voucher for a 10 per cent discount on Christmas trees at R&R Saggers by visiting www.newportbusinessassociation.co.uk