Newport business supports Think Local Campaign
A FAMILY-RUN garden centre and florist is celebrating its 25th anniversary of trading in Newport. Based on the High Street, R&R Saggers is one of the many companies to sign up to the Newport Business Association s (NBA s) Think Local campaign. Roger Sagge
A FAMILY-RUN garden centre and florist is celebrating its 25th anniversary of trading in Newport.
Based on the High Street, R&R Saggers is one of the many companies to sign up to the Newport Business Association's (NBA's) Think Local campaign.
Roger Saggers, who owns and runs the company with his wife Roz, said: "My family has been in business in Newport since the 1930s.
"Whilst we may not be able to compete on price with the major retail outlets, like many small businesses, our high level of expertise and personal service is second to none.
You may also want to watch:
"We always try and go the extra mile for our customers for example, we are more than happy to come out and discuss and suggest ideas for their gardens and deliver and position plants for planting.
"The Think Local campaign is a fantastic initiative. We welcome any incentives that will help us promote our business during these tough economic times. We always try our best to shop locally ourselves. Why spend money on fuel, when everything we need is on our doorstep?"
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
The Think Local campaign aims to beat the recession by informing the public about the strong economic, environmental and social benefits of buying locally.
Support for the campaign and download a voucher for a 10 per cent discount on Christmas trees at R&R Saggers by visiting www.newportbusinessassociation.co.uk