Newport grandmother ‘pushed to the ground’ in aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following an aggravated burglary at the home of a grandmother in her 70s.
At about 9.50pm on Friday night two men forced their way in to a house in Frambury Lane, Newport.
Inside the property at the time was the woman’s grandson, in his 20s, and three of his friends.
The suspects, who were dressed in black clothing, demanded money. One was armed with what has been described as a silver pistol.
During the burglary the woman was pushed to the ground. The suspects made off with a three-figure sum of cash.
Dc Nicholas Campbell of Braintree CID said: “Newport is a quiet village where incidents like these are extremely rare.
“I am concerned about the psychological impact of this crime on both the victim and surrounding residents.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 4 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 10 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
“We have all available resources working on the investigation to catch the two men responsible and ask anyone who has information to contact us.”
Both suspects are described as black, between 5ft 10ins and 6ft tall, wearing black clothing and balaclavas.
Anyone with information should contact Braintree CID on 101 or contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.