Newport grandmother ‘pushed to the ground’ in aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following an aggravated burglary at the home of a grandmother in her 70s.
At about 9.50pm on Friday night two men forced their way in to a house in Frambury Lane, Newport.
Inside the property at the time was the woman’s grandson, in his 20s, and three of his friends.
The suspects, who were dressed in black clothing, demanded money. One was armed with what has been described as a silver pistol.
During the burglary the woman was pushed to the ground. The suspects made off with a three-figure sum of cash.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Nicholas Campbell of Braintree CID said: “Newport is a quiet village where incidents like these are extremely rare.
“I am concerned about the psychological impact of this crime on both the victim and surrounding residents.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
“We have all available resources working on the investigation to catch the two men responsible and ask anyone who has information to contact us.”
Both suspects are described as black, between 5ft 10ins and 6ft tall, wearing black clothing and balaclavas.
Anyone with information should contact Braintree CID on 101 or contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.