Newport residents lose two male gorillas
RESIDENTS in Newport are feeling a lot lighter today after losing the equivalent of two male gorillas.
Leader of the village’s Weight Watchers group, Jacqui Cardy, who herself lost 1 � stone, said members had lost over 800lbs in weight since joining the group.
“I have 45 amazing people, all playing their part to get healthier and fitter for life. The success of the group is down to its supportive and friendly atmosphere with members really embracing the Weight Watcher values of healthy eating and being more active.”
“One member, Tracey, lost an impressive 5 � stone, while others, Jo and Sharon, lost 3 � stone each and Michelle lost 3 stone.
“We also have members who just want to keep an eye on their weight – so whether you have more than a few pounds to lose or not so much, why not come along.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has been working to what is known as the Propoints plan - personalised to suit members’ lifestyles with the aim of allowing them to lose weight without sacrificing the foods they enjoy.
Newport Weight Watchers meets on Tuesday in the village hall from 9.30am.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students