Newport residents lose two male gorillas
RESIDENTS in Newport are feeling a lot lighter today after losing the equivalent of two male gorillas.
Leader of the village’s Weight Watchers group, Jacqui Cardy, who herself lost 1 � stone, said members had lost over 800lbs in weight since joining the group.
“I have 45 amazing people, all playing their part to get healthier and fitter for life. The success of the group is down to its supportive and friendly atmosphere with members really embracing the Weight Watcher values of healthy eating and being more active.”
“One member, Tracey, lost an impressive 5 � stone, while others, Jo and Sharon, lost 3 � stone each and Michelle lost 3 stone.
“We also have members who just want to keep an eye on their weight – so whether you have more than a few pounds to lose or not so much, why not come along.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has been working to what is known as the Propoints plan - personalised to suit members’ lifestyles with the aim of allowing them to lose weight without sacrificing the foods they enjoy.
Newport Weight Watchers meets on Tuesday in the village hall from 9.30am.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir