Newport residents lose two male gorillas
RESIDENTS in Newport are feeling a lot lighter today after losing the equivalent of two male gorillas.
Leader of the village’s Weight Watchers group, Jacqui Cardy, who herself lost 1 � stone, said members had lost over 800lbs in weight since joining the group.
“I have 45 amazing people, all playing their part to get healthier and fitter for life. The success of the group is down to its supportive and friendly atmosphere with members really embracing the Weight Watcher values of healthy eating and being more active.”
“One member, Tracey, lost an impressive 5 � stone, while others, Jo and Sharon, lost 3 � stone each and Michelle lost 3 stone.
“We also have members who just want to keep an eye on their weight – so whether you have more than a few pounds to lose or not so much, why not come along.”
You may also want to watch:
The group has been working to what is known as the Propoints plan - personalised to suit members’ lifestyles with the aim of allowing them to lose weight without sacrificing the foods they enjoy.
Newport Weight Watchers meets on Tuesday in the village hall from 9.30am.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections