NHS West Essex appoints new chief executive
NHS WEST ESSEX has announced the appointment of its new chief executive. The appointment of Catherine O Connell comes after an intensive and highly rigorous selection process against the stiffest of competition. The process was independently conducted by
NHS WEST ESSEX has announced the appointment of its new chief executive.
The appointment of Catherine O'Connell comes after an intensive and highly rigorous selection process against the stiffest of competition.
The process was independently conducted by consultants, SHL, and involved presentational interviews with stakeholders and an interview with a panel which included an outside assessor and Sir Neil McKay, chief executive of the East of England Strategic Health Authority
An NHS West Essex spokesman said: "We really pleased to have been able to appoint someone with Catherine's strengths and capabilities who is certain to build on existing successes.
"Many people associated with the PCT will know Catherine as the director of strategy and formerly a locality director for the PCT.
"Catherine was instrumental in delivering the PCT's excellent World Class Commissioning score as well as leading the strong relationship with many stakeholders and GP practices."
- 1 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 4 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 5 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 8 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 9 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 10 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
Ms O'Connell hailed her appointment as a "privilege".
She added: "NHS West Essex has a strong track record of achievement upon which I intend to build.
"My priorities will include establishing NHS West Essex as a World Class Commissioning PCT, working closely with local providers and social care colleagues and tackling health inequalities in partnership with the local district and town councils.