NHS West Essex appoints new chief executive
NHS WEST ESSEX has announced the appointment of its new chief executive. The appointment of Catherine O Connell comes after an intensive and highly rigorous selection process against the stiffest of competition. The process was independently conducted by
NHS WEST ESSEX has announced the appointment of its new chief executive.
The appointment of Catherine O'Connell comes after an intensive and highly rigorous selection process against the stiffest of competition.
The process was independently conducted by consultants, SHL, and involved presentational interviews with stakeholders and an interview with a panel which included an outside assessor and Sir Neil McKay, chief executive of the East of England Strategic Health Authority
An NHS West Essex spokesman said: "We really pleased to have been able to appoint someone with Catherine's strengths and capabilities who is certain to build on existing successes.
You may also want to watch:
"Many people associated with the PCT will know Catherine as the director of strategy and formerly a locality director for the PCT.
"Catherine was instrumental in delivering the PCT's excellent World Class Commissioning score as well as leading the strong relationship with many stakeholders and GP practices."
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
Ms O'Connell hailed her appointment as a "privilege".
She added: "NHS West Essex has a strong track record of achievement upon which I intend to build.
"My priorities will include establishing NHS West Essex as a World Class Commissioning PCT, working closely with local providers and social care colleagues and tackling health inequalities in partnership with the local district and town councils.