NHS West Essex appoints new chief executive
NHS WEST ESSEX has announced the appointment of its new chief executive. The appointment of Catherine O Connell comes after an intensive and highly rigorous selection process against the stiffest of competition. The process was independently conducted by
NHS WEST ESSEX has announced the appointment of its new chief executive.
The appointment of Catherine O'Connell comes after an intensive and highly rigorous selection process against the stiffest of competition.
The process was independently conducted by consultants, SHL, and involved presentational interviews with stakeholders and an interview with a panel which included an outside assessor and Sir Neil McKay, chief executive of the East of England Strategic Health Authority
An NHS West Essex spokesman said: "We really pleased to have been able to appoint someone with Catherine's strengths and capabilities who is certain to build on existing successes.
You may also want to watch:
"Many people associated with the PCT will know Catherine as the director of strategy and formerly a locality director for the PCT.
"Catherine was instrumental in delivering the PCT's excellent World Class Commissioning score as well as leading the strong relationship with many stakeholders and GP practices."
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
Ms O'Connell hailed her appointment as a "privilege".
She added: "NHS West Essex has a strong track record of achievement upon which I intend to build.
"My priorities will include establishing NHS West Essex as a World Class Commissioning PCT, working closely with local providers and social care colleagues and tackling health inequalities in partnership with the local district and town councils.