NHS West Essex scores well in annual health check ratings
NHS WEST ESSEX has improved its performance in the annual health check ratings published by the Care Quality Commission, scoring among the top four PCTs in the east of England It was rated as good for both quality of commissioning and for quality of fin
NHS WEST ESSEX has improved its performance in the annual health check ratings published by the Care Quality Commission, scoring among the top four PCTs in the east of England
It was rated as 'good' for both quality of commissioning and for quality of financial management, the two elements of the overall performance assessment. These combined scores also put NHS West Essex in the top third of PCTs in the country.
The PCT met all 24 core standards across seven areas of activity including safety, clinical and cost effectiveness, patient focus, accessible and responsive care, and public health.
NHS West Essex holds the NHS budget for the 270,000 people who live in the Harlow, Epping Forest and Uttlesford areas. It is responsible for improving the health of local people and ensuring they have access to the high quality healthcare services they need.
Deputy chief executive of NHS West Essex, Kirsty Boettcher, said: "These results are marvellous news and demonstrate that we are working effectively on behalf of our local communities.
"Although our rating of 'good' for quality of commissioning is not directly comparable with our 'fair' rating of last year, it is clear that our performance has improved.
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
"Our rating of 'good' for financial management matches last year's rating and goes a step better because it is acknowledged that the bar has been raised for this area of assessment.
"Our achievement is due to the commitment, dedication and professionalism of all our staff. It is also down to our excellent relationships with a range of partners who we will continue to work with closely in the future.
"However, there is no room to be complacent and we will continue to strive to improve health and healthcare for all our local communities while facing significant financial challenges ahead.