Night at the Museum-style exhibition to launch in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at Saffron Walden museum? Would you like to know more about some of the objects and specimens that lurk behind locked doors?
All will be revealed at a new exhibition, entitled Secrets from the Stores, giving visitors the chance to explore some of the museum’s rarely seen objects.
Items on display will range from man-traps to minerals and from wolves to weaponry – so there will be something to spark everyone’s interests.
Carolyn Wingfield, the museum’s curator said: “The exhibition will provide an exciting opportunity for visitors to see aspects of ‘behind-the scenes’ museum work and to find out how we plan to improve access to collections for everyone – local residents, visitors, school groups and researchers.”
Inspired by the building of a new store to better house many items from the museum’s vast collection, the exhibition will also provide an opportunity to find out why museums have so much in storage, see how collections are used, learn about the museum’s future improvement plans and find out how to get involved in volunteering.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run from Saturday March 8 to Sunday July 20.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley