Nominate a project for The National Lottery Awards 2011
PEOPLE in Saffron Walden are being called on to nominate their favourite Lottery-funded project for recognition in The National Lottery Awards 2011.
The town has had some success with the awards in the past. Saffron Walden Cricket Club and the Fry Art Gallery have both picked up Lottery funding while, in September 2009, Fledglings was recognised as one of the best voluntary projects in the UK. The Wendens Ambo-based charity, improves the lives of disabled children, made it all the way to the final of the awards and finished runners-up.
In the last year over �12.5 million of Lottery funding has been invested in good causes in Essex and now The National Lottery is encouraging these projects, and any organisation that has received Lottery funding over the past 16 years, to enter the awards and gain national recognition for their work.
The entrants that make it to the finals of The National Lottery Awards will receive national recognition at a star-studded event broadcast on BBC One later this year. They will also have a chance to win a �2000 cash prize.
The awards has seven categories: Sport, Heritage, Arts, Environment, Health, Education, and Voluntary/Charity.
You may also want to watch:
If you want to see a project from Saffron Walden celebrated in this year’s event visit lotterygoodcauses.org.uk to find out more or call 0207 960 6828.
The awards are now open for entries and any projects wishing to enter can do so by visiting the website. Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday February 18.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park