Nominations being sought for Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator of the Year
TO recognise the important role that Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinators play in making Essex one of the safest places to live and work, Essex Police and Essex Police Authority are supporting the Essex Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator of the Year Award for 2012.
With more than eight thousand volunteer co-ordinators, Neighbourhood Watch schemes provide support and reassurance to around 40 percent of households in Essex.
Alan Johnson, Chair of the Essex County Neighbourhood Watch Association said: “Neighbourhood Watch provides a great opportunity for people to get involved in their communities, create a strong local spirit and crucially help keep their community safe.”
Each of the county’s districts is inviting the public and others involved in community safety to nominate co-ordinators who have demonstrated excellent service in their community.
Each district will judge the nominations and submit one as its candidate for the prestigious Essex Co-ordinator of the Year Award. All the other candidates will receive a certificate of appreciation at a ceremony in January 2013.
You may also want to watch:
To make a nomination, download and complete a nomination form from the Essex Police website at: http://www.essex.police.uk/nhw
You can then e-mail the completed nomination form to the relevant email address on the link at the Essex Police website, or hand it in at your local police station by no later than 5pm on Friday, December 7.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal